First of all, I love the word “quirk.” Doesn’t it sound so fitting? After some deep shower-thinking, here are my top quirks! Enjoy and try not to judge :)
1. I can lick my elbow. I’m really proud of this and would be happy to show you.
2. I have to shower and wash my hair before I go to bed each night — no matter how late it is, I sleep best on wet, clean hair.
3. I don’t like crowds. AT ALL. I don’t mind crowded subways/Tubes, but a crowded street or a crowded room freaks me out and I get this weird feeling that I have to shove myself out.
4. Sometimes when I’m walking, or showering, or laying in bed before I fall asleep, I make up stories in my head that basically narrate what my perfect life will look like :)
5. I am obsessed with postcards and keeping little mementos like ticket stubs, pamphlets, stickers, etc.. Some day I’ll make a scrapbook…some day
6. I practice smiles and other facial expressions in the mirror when I’m getting ready in the morning/evening. Musical theatre never left me!
7. Colour-coding and list-making make me happy
8. I like going into bookstores and making list upon list of books I want to read — I think it has something to do with the idea that I will read all of these books some day.
9. I love teddy bears. In fact, when I got back to London in January and needed some comfort, I went to Build a Bear and made a bear…which I told the assistant was for my cousin. He totally saw through it.
10. I’ve owned and worn the same pair of sunglasses since my freshman year of high school which is when I finally got contacts. Brittany and my mother are probably going to cringe when they read this.
That’s all I can think of for now! Embrace your quirks!
Inspired to be,